1.24.2011

Muchas Gracias

While I was running this morning, I was listening to a certain little song that always makes me smile: Sweet Serendipity by Lee DeWyze.  As a result, my mind began wandering every where of things that I am thankful for in my life.  I have so much to be thankful for that I don't even know where to start.  Many of these things are big, but many of them are also the little things in life.  There are so many little things that can add up to happiness, no matter how small or insignificant they seem.

Here's a few...or maybe more...to begin my list of the little things in life that make me happy:
being a Nido girl. having the best family in the world. laughing uncontrollably. smiling. my bed, aka, a cloud. running shoes. music. music. music. dave barnes. jon mclaughlin. *NSYNC (yes, I said it). t-shirts. freshly washed jeans. sharpie pens. winks. sunshine after a cloudy day. friends who have become sisters. an organized room. chapstick. ponytails. coffee. coffee mugs. a good hair day. cheesy tv shows. a text from an unexpected person. the ability to speak another language. an inspirational teacher. a good book. an uplifting story on the news. hope. memories. old pictures. a compliment from a stranger. piano. sheet music. piano solos at the beginning of a song. waking up with a smile. a great conversation. quoting a movie. singing in the shower. fruit. quotes. glasses. motivating lyrics.
The list goes on...and will resume later.
Until then, think happy thoughts and know that something's watching over you like sweet serendipity.

2 comments: