1.13.2011

Making Whoopie

Yes. While I was home for a month with nothing to do besides spend and savor endless amounts of time with the best friends and family a girl could have, I had time to make whoopie. Seriously, I made the best batch of whoopie.  Well, pies that is.

Whoopie Pies are simply clouds of perfection that melt in your mouth and are my new favorite dessert to whip up.  The kitchen is where all the magic happens at Casa Nido and where I've learned about my passion for cooking and baking.  On Christmas morning, I opened up a package that had a whoopie pie pan and a whoopie pie cookbook.  I felt like a little kid who was ready to play with the toy that moment it was taken out of the bag. The cookbook has so many different mixes and matches of pies and fillings.  Limoncello, S'more, Nutella, Fluffernutter, Strawberry Shortcake. You name it, it's in there.  The sky is the limit when concocting these little puffs of goodness.  I decided to go simple on my first batch: Lemon with a marshmallow filling.  They were nothing short of delicious.  My family loved them and as usual, Andi was my taste tester.  My next batch was made for a girl's night full of laughter, smiles, and cheerful chitter chatter about life and all things wonderful.  These ones were chocolate pies with the marshmallow filling and were even more perfect than the first go-round.  









Next time you're trying to think of something fun and different to make, think whoopie.  You don't necessarily need the pan either.  A cookie sheet will do just the trick.  The perk to having a pan is that you get the perfect shape, for the perfect bite, for the perfect morsel of goodness.

Have fun making whoopie!

1 comment:

  1. ohhh sweetness I made whoopie pies for lovie's showere last summer remember :) can we came some the next time you come home PLEASE!!!!

    ReplyDelete