I thought about this post as I was making magic in the kitchen at Casa Nido earlier this week in preparation for The Bachelor season premiere. I love baking sweet treats for my favorite girls while we all sit around and make our side comments about the show. The girls this season...yikes! This week's treat was a hit, as is anything that includes nutella. I stumbled upon Nutella Filled Baked Donut Muffins while browsing Pinterest and couldn't pass up the opportunity. These bite size friends will please any palette.
Nutella Filled Baked Donut Muffinsrecipe from USMasala
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Nutella (as much as you want!)
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a muffin pan. (I used a mini muffin pan.)
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together oil, sugar, and vanilla. Then, add the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Fill each muffin hole about half full. Add about a teaspoon (or as much as you see fit!) of nutella in the center, then cover with batter until about 3/4 full.
5. Bake at 350º for about 15 minutes.
6. While muffins are in the oven, melt the butter. In a separate bowl, stir together cinnamon and sugar.
7. Take muffins out of pan while they are still warm. Dip the muffins into the butter, then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Let them cool on a cooling rack for a few minutes before indulging.
These are easily some of the most delicious things I have ever made and this recipe will be a staple in my cookbook!