5.28.2011

Guess What??

It's Kelly's birthday!!!!! 

Who is Kelly? Goodness gracious..what kind of question is that?  Kelly is the girl I met in Mrs. Gordon's second grade class, she is the girl I kept in touch with even though our lives were so crazy, she is the girl who I can call all hours of the day with any emotion..and vice versa, she is the girl who I am blessed to call my roommate, my best friend, my sister.  Kelly is the one who I get to spend endless amounts with when we are snowed in and watching the squalls outside.  This cabin fever resorted to coloring ornaments and feverishly decorating our room in celebration of the greatest season (Christmas..wahoo!!) with lights, a few trees, and our respective advent calendars.  We may or may not have watched an entire season of 24 in a week.  We love each other regardless of the day, time, and place.  Kelly is the person I can count on to have spontaneous dance parties with at midnight when studying has become too much of a burden.  We sing and we dance to our hearts' content (no matter how loud or obnoxious we can be).  
pre-ASU days. as in...YEARS before.
It's only the end of May and I am already looking forward to the year ahead when our room will be decorated ten times better than it was this year (although it was adorable).  We also may have some surprises in store for our friends....hmmm.  Kelly would kill me if I said a word, so I am sworn to roommate secrecy.  There is one thing I will say: she is one of the funniest people on this planet and the best part is that she doesn't know it.  She just says things that are so quotable.  Sometimes I look at her and laugh...in a good way!
Sometimes we decide to look nice. We even put on spiffy gold nametags (just incase we forget each other).
Words can't even begin to describe the greatness that is our friendship.  So Kelly, I leave you with this.... Happy Birthday to my sweet angel of a roommate and life long friend.  We will always and forever be WINNING and bi-WINNING as long as we have each other.
Yep, our friendship. We climb mountains together.  Sometimes I even let her borrow my shirt!





No comments:

Post a Comment